Friday, December 7, 2012

Weekly Strategy Meetings


Held every Friday! This meeting is light and basically an overview of what happened this week. This week was rather easy since we did not have many meetings but the office reviewed the next two weeks and it is very busy. I'm coming to an end with my internship so I'll miss those meetings. The Government Relations department has to submit to the City Manager a recap of what happened in local, county, state, and federal levels of government and where we are with the projects and lobbying. Whatever was discussed in the meeting was inserted in the memo. We also watched a short film (below) and the office said bye to me and the other intern.

Our office motto is Keep Calm and Carry On. The reason for why I named my blog "Keep Calm and Carry On" is for when we became frustrated or overloaded with work, we repeated this saying. We all have a notebook or picture of the poster on our desk. Karen made sure everyone had it near them and even a few people have it as their background on their phones. Lobbying is a stressful job as I heard stories from Karen, John Wayne, and Thomas. One story included a passage of a bill and the office stayed all night to prepare for a meeting with the Governor early the next morning. One intern came in early just to drive everyone to the meeting at the State Capitol. Every strategy meetings includes a trivia question or video. At this meeting we found out what Keep Calm and Carry On meant.

This is the video we watched about the origins of Keep Calm and Carry On. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. That was a really interesting video about the origin of the phrase "Keep Calm and Carry On." I have seen that phrase and many parodies of it, but I was not aware of where it came from or how it was originally used. Thank you for sharing this video.

    ReplyDelete