Monday, December 3, 2012

Dressing up for a Conference Call

Following my research on Phoenix being a healthy city and menu labeling, the city was invited to be a part of the Let's Move Campaign committee. The committee involves other cities, the First Lady and her staff, the White House's head chef, and a few other organizations. My superiors thought I would be helpful in attending the conference call because of the research I did and could give my opinions. I was able to listen in along with the Chief of Staff for a Council Member. Even though it was a conference call, I dressed up for the meeting because of who would be present. I value what was discussed because various organizations are working together to lower obesity rates in America by starting with children. If the children learn what is good and bad eating then it is possible to lower the nation's obesity rates.

The website for Let's Move:
http://www.letsmove.gov

1 comment:

  1. That is really interesting because I had no idea Arizona was even involved in the Let’s Move movement. I’ve definitely noticed since moving here from California that there are a lot of overweight and obese people in Arizona (not just children but children are certainly included in that). I agree that teaching children good eating habits early on and the value of physical activity will help them be healthier in the long run. I’m glad to know that AZ is involved in something as innovative as Let’s Move.

    ReplyDelete