Sunday, December 2, 2012

The lbs. I'm gaining just walking in the door

It seems that every week there's a retirement celebration, birthday, someone bringing bagels and donuts, or "I just wanted to bake something." What goes along with all these celebrations are sweets. For someone who is training for a half marathon it was difficult to say no and keep up with the healthy eating. There are a few co-workers who showed extreme self-control and did not eat any desserts because of their dieting. The short breaks were always welcomed since we were working and looking forward to it. This was one way I was able to meet others who worked in different departments.

2 comments:

  1. It’s funny because as I type this there are fresh baked cookies sitting on top of the microwave at my internship. I am trying not to get one! Lol. I am not training for any sort of marathon (good for you by the way) but weight has always been an issue for me and over the past 3 years I’ve lost about 65lbs so in most cases I try to resist as much as possible. Now that doesn’t mean I never eat junk food because I do…probably more than I should, but since I know when I do eat poorly I really go all in lol I try to resist little temptations whenever possible. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jacqueline! I too interned at the city of Phoenix and can attest to how frequently this occurs. While it is a great sign that staff enjoy sharing and interacting with one another, it can be difficult to exert will power each and every time, especially when fresh baked goods are involved. For this very reason, a few women in my department have pitched in to buy a scale. I cant guarantee this will make a difference, but at the very least it is shows that they are proactive about tracking their weight. Certainly it is necessary to indulge ourselves every once in a while, for life would be dull if we didn't, but its also important to ensure we don't go overboard.

    ReplyDelete