What I love about my internship is the reading of periodicals like New York Times, Arizona Republic, Governing, AZ Capitol Times, AZ Business Weekly. The office receives paper and on-line subscriptions to various newspapers and periodicals. We read them to stay up to date on what is being said in the media. I'm used to reading NY Times on a daily basis but stopped when they started the 10 articles per month rule. Since my internship ended I have not had the time to keep up with reading daily due to this rule so I miss my daily opportunity to read.
Another thing I love about my internship is the location of the nearest Starbucks. It is located on the first floor of City Hall. On my first day I was taken on a tour of the building and we ended at Starbucks. I love Starbucks so much that I have a gold member card where I earn rewards for drinking coffee so much. The staff are very friendly and if someone goes there a lot they remember your drink order. What is special about this location is that half of the sales goes to St. Joseph's Children's Hospital and the other half to the staff's wages. Starbucks very rarely gives away charitable locations such as the one in City Hall so Phoenix is lucky. I was always hesitant about paying $5 for a cup of coffee but not at this location.
No comments:
Post a Comment