Monday, December 3, 2012
Oh look more meetings!
I loved every meeting I've attended, whether it was at MAG, the League, or the Chamber of Commerce, but today's meeting almost put me to sleep. Sorry John Wayne. This meeting was at the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce with the Tax and Budget Committee. It was the first meeting of the season and they were meeting to edit their guidelines and vision. JW explained to me that this was a room full of lawyers and lobbyists that make our laws, so every word and sentence had to make perfect sense and not be redundant. The whole document explaining their mission, goals, vision, and guidelines took a couple hours to edit. What seemed like a good sentence to me was not good enough for the room full of committee members. The meeting ended at 3 and there was still more edits to be made so they saved them for the next meeting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There are never enough meetings! (joke) I remember my experience with the city as being almost the same as yours: full of never ending meetings. There were some days I don't think I got any work done because I was in meetings the whole time. They can be very boring, but often necessary to keep up to date on the status of projects and work around the office.
ReplyDelete