Wednesday, November 28, 2012

The future of our light rail

During my internship I was able to attend several MAG meetings. The one that I found most interesting was the future of our transportation system specifically with the light rail. At this meeting, all the City Managers from Maricopa County were present and heard the report of where the future routes of light rail should go and what system we should use. The review of the report was very technical so I only understood about half of what was being discussed. Valley METRO and METRO Light Rail I believe works together to operate the light rail. I was impressed at how well all the cities work to make the light rail a success. They also work with other organizations like ASU. The light rail will hopefully extend to the ASU west campus in the next few years, which is impressive to know that someday all the campuses could be connected.

1 comment:

  1. I recently attended the Valley Metro RPTA Board of Directors Meeting. I also found the discussion on AZ transit to be really interesting. At this meeting they were discussing the extension of the light rail in East Mesa to Gilbert Rd., but there was no discussion of it being extended westward.

    ReplyDelete