Friday, August 24, 2012

Before we get started

Hello!

My name is Jacqueline. I'm pursuing an MPA with a concentration in Urban Management, and will finish this upcoming May. I'm one of the few people in Phoenix, AZ to say they were born and raised here. Most of the people I meet are from other places who moved to Arizona for the dry predictable weather. It's what I love about Arizona; how we have all sorts of people and backgrounds. I have two dogs, Missy (a Pug) and Stan (a Shih Tzu), they are the oddest pair since Missy is 16 and Stan is 1. Outside of school I like to watch tv and movies but I also bartend and serve at a restaurant, so most of my time is devoted to studies and work. Favorite movies include: Steel Magnolias, Dazed and Confused, Groundhog Day, 25th Hour, The Departed. Favorite tv shows are: Suits, True Blood, Grey's Anatomy, Sons of Anarchy, Friends. My favorite basketball and baseball team are the Boston teams (Celtics and Red Sox). I'm a Sun Devil fan for life, which is hard on half my family who are Wildcat fans. With all my life experiences, I hope to find a job that keeps me happy but try to be realistic. Currently, I would like to pursue a position with a tribal or local government in intergovernmental relations/affairs and policy/legislative analysis. After interning this summer, my decision became more firm of working in the public sector.

Thanks for reading and I hope to show insight into my internship with the Government Relations department at the City of Phoenix!

1 comment:

  1. I am originally from Pennsylvania and I do enjoy the predictable weather in the Valley of the Sun. I also like that half of the MLB teams are out here for Spring Training baseball. Arizona is one of only two states, the other being Florida, that host "spring homes" for teams in the Major Leagues. I also like the movie Groundhog Day; that's an awesome one.

    ReplyDelete